"If Man Made it, don't eat it" Jack Lalanne
It's as much about how much you eat as well as what you eat, when you eat and how you combine your foods. Get rid of all processed food as they are just loaded with unhealthy chemicals. Same for all liquid calories (well except wine and beer). Be aware of your carb intake and the kind of carbs.
Basically the no list is easy; Nothing processed or with a long list of ingredients. If you can't pronounce an ingredient leave it on the shelf.
ALWAYS READ THE INGREDIENTS ON THE PACKAGE LABEL.
The NO LIST:
- Processed Cheeses
- Processed Meats aka as Lunch Meats
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
- Soda (all kinds)
- Trans Fat Products
- Hydrogenated Oil & Partially Hydrogenated Oil
- Fried Foods
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Anything with Artificial Color added
- Anything with Artificial Flavors
- Anything with Artificial Sweetener
- Fast Food
- Frozen Yogurts
- Power Drinks
- "Sugar Free" Anything
- Any Drink with Sugar in it (read the OJ label)
- Conventionally grown Fruits & Vegetables
- Conventionally grown Chicken & Eggs
- Microwave food (especially popcorn)
- Light Salad Dressings ( you need fat to absorb the veggies, plus just read the label()
- Glutamate Products
- Caseinate Products
- Trail Mix ( excess sugar, oils & preservatives)
- Deserts like: Cookies, Cakes, Pastries, Icecreams
- Doughnuts, Bagels & Pastry
- Fruit flavored Yogurt
- Dried Fruit with added sugar (most do add)
- Energy/Sports Drinks
- Tea Drinks
- Canned Soup
- White Breads, refined grains bread
- Keep healthy breads (whole grain) to a minimum
- Most Cereals
- Chips including so called healthy Multi Grain Chips
- Salty Snacks
- Protein Bars & Shakes
- Rice Cakes
- Flavored Nuts & Nuts with Salt
- And more to come.
- READ LABELS
Food Combination Chart
This is a chart I made about 1971 when I first started Yoga and was changing my diet. Poor food combinations leads to inflammation in the body due to acidic reactions. Keeping inflammation down in the body is a key ingredient of not getting older as you get older.
I try not to mix fruit with anything but nuts and Yogurt which is my breakfast most days.